I had a very frustrating day today!
Phoebe (my Pfaff PowerQuilter) threw an absolute fit at me today :-( I was utterly stumped.
Can you see the stitching? This is the back of the test piece when you can see that Phoebe was pretty much throwing up thread to the back and the needle kept un-threading itself. I tried everything! Top tension adjustments - bobbin tension adjustments - rethreading - everything!
For a while I was wondering if my new machine was broken or that I was going insane.
Then I remembered that I had just changed the needle before all this mess started. Unlike domestic machines longarm needles are totally round in the shaft so you have to be careful that you get them incorrectly. I thought that I had but guess what - nope! The needle was turned a little bit to the right (and I mean a little bit) and Phoebe didn't like it! So I turned the needle a little and voila! She started to behave again!
A little while later I had these two jelly roll race quilts all finished and ready to be handed off for someone else to bind. These are two more charity quilts for our guild and I think that they turned out pretty well after all of that happened!
I am so glad to have solved that riddle!