It's another hot day today!
I rolled my quilt back last night and took a look at the block that I thought that I was going to rip and guess what?? I made it a lot worse in my head and actually liked the quilting I had done - except for a small section that I did rip and fix last night. So, today I get to continue on and get started on the cross-hatch background fill! Yey!
But first - I wanted to share a couple of projects I finished ;-)
I don't know why but I absolutely fell in love with the idea of Hashtag quilt that Sew She Can posted. But, I didn't want a whole quilt. For some reason a pillow kept rolling around in my head.
Tada! I couldn't resist making a Hashtag # pillow cover in these awesome Studio E Modern Mixers! I love this shade of turquoise :-D
I quilted the 3 pieces in straight lines using my walking foot and a 50 weight white cotton thread. Very easy and effective.
I like the look of a binding on a pillow in a contrasting fabric to give it a sharp edge.
I used some left-overs for the back and added Kam Snaps to keep the pillowed closed and straight.
Next up! I finished the binding on this quick and easy Halloween table-topper. I used the Accuquilt Go! Signature die (in purple) and the corresponding 3" half square triangle die (in black) to give the illusion of bats flying. I had the top done forever but finally quilted it! I had a few smaller Halloween tops set aside and I finally got around to quilting a couple of them.
I used 50 weight FilTech Glide thread in black in the top and bobbin in a spider web pattern.
There are lots of spider webs in the black and in the green first border so it seemed like a good idea :-D I love the look of webs on quilts - I love the texture that they create across the quilt.
I have more quilts to photograph to share with you; but, this is what I have for today! Now to get on with some background cross-hatching!!