Monday, April 03, 2006

Mchine Quilting

Well I spent the day machine quilting! My boys were in school until 3:00pm so I spent the day machine quilting; maybe I should say finally I machine quilted the quilt that I basted ages ago. I had such a great time. I put on some Ella Fitzgerald and just quilted away while singing. I think that I must have been a very funny sight for a while today singing "a tisket a tasket...." while quilting; but, quilting with music is such a great way to quilt. My stiches are better and my quilting is better. I can't imagine quilting in silence. I am not a silent person by any means :)

This is the quilt that you may remember from a previous blog when I basted the quilt top so it is shamefully over-due for me to have finished it.

The quilt is composed of a big block quilt kit. Only, instead of doing all big blocks I did some 4-patches and then 1-patches. The squares all equal 9" finished.

So what do you think? You can leave a comment here on my blog if you like! Miss M. you know that this quilt is for you so what do you think?
Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt!
I wish I had one just like it.

Katrina said...

I have to say that this post was made by Miss M. the person who will receive this quilt shortly :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog.. encouraging , helpful & beautiful.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...