I thought that I should post a photo of my finished 1930's Dresden Plate quilt. What an adventure this quilt was LOL. I couldn't find the Marti Michelle Dresden plate templates anywhere locally so I had to order them from the USA. Then I measured to the inside of the first border, instead of the outside, when putting on the final border, and, cut the last borders exactly 5 inches short. So I came up with the 1/4 Dresden Plates for the corners instead.
Finding the fabric was also an adventure! There is fabric in this quilt from most of my local quilt shops as well as from Calgary, Alberta and Canmore, Alberta. When I realised that I really wanted some orange 1930's fabric in there I ordered some from an online store in the USA, Bear Paw Quilts. Sooo I had to wait a bit longer to finish the quilt even after gathering fabric from two different provinces.
I used the Eleanor Burns Triangle Square Up Ruler to do the sawtooth border and that worked out wonderfully :) I absolutely adore her method for doing half-square triangles.
Quilter's Newsletter Magazine published a how-to on a different way to do Prairie Points so I used that method for the binding and learned a new method :)
I used the Hobbs 80% silk 20% polyester batting and it hand quilted like an absolute dream. this was the first time that I have used this batting and it won't be the last. It is extremely nice to sleep under as well. It is heavy enough for a spring and fall quilt; but, we had it on the bed in the summer as well.
The quilting group that I belong to "The Silver Thimbles" hand quilted it on a traditional frame and it looks wonderful!!! Lots of cross-hatch and single hatch on the border. I'm really completely thrilled with this quilt and how it turned out :) These are not my usual colours of fabric but I have to say every time I see this quilt I smile :)