Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Years!!

Happy 1-1-11 Everyone!
I thought that I would share a picture of a cute pin cushion that I made yesterday while my husband and boys were out skiing!  Isn't it adorable??  I made it using Kaffe Fassett scraps from a quilt I made a while back.

The pin cushion pattern is from a tutorial on Jo's Country Junction blog.  She provides a video blog that is just wonderful!  Jo uses the Accuquilt Go Double Wedding Ring die to easily cut out her elliptical shapes.  Although I don't yet have this die I do have a Plexiglas template set that I was able to use to cut out the shapes.  It was such a great little project and so quick and easy!  I love how Jo uses part of the template in a completely different way to create something different!  Since I got my Go cutter people have often asked me about the value of the dies and if they are worth the money.  The dies are certainly not cheap!  But, it is projects like this one that really make you look at the shapes with a different eye and see potential in them beyond what they were intended.  Now that I think about it these same shapes would make wonderful large flower petals! 

Thanks for sharing the tutorial Jo!

Happy quilting all!!

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...