Sunday, October 19, 2014

Quick Curve Ruler

Hi all!

Recently I purchased the "Quick Curve Ruler" by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I know, I know - it's pretty shocking that I purchased a ruler when I die cut but this is a great ruler!  It easily cuts curves but more than that it is the patterns that they have!  They are amazing!  So fresh and cool and very well written.  Since I just got the ruler I decided to make the table runner pattern that comes with the ruler.


Cool huh!?  Pretty simple and a great way to get to learn to use the ruler.  I pulled the fabrics from my stash.


I decided that since the runner was so simple, and, being inspired by the quilting on the Sew Kind of Wonderful blog, that, it was just asking for some really dense and cool quilting!  I used FilTech Glide thread top and bobbin and went to town with some scribbles, pebbling and ribbon curl quilting.  I really like it - what do you think?

I am now working on another pattern using the ruler and once again I am pleased with how it is turning out!  Have you tried this ruler before?

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Gorgeous design, beautiful fabrics, stunning free-motion quilting. Great job.

BTW - I have been in love with her designs and wanting to purchase her ruler too. You've now convinced me. Love your quilt.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

This looks great Katrina. Love the fabrics you chose and the quilting is stunning.
I recently purchased the ruler but it still sits in it's packaging so this maybe the push I need to get some fabrics out.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...