Friday, January 16, 2015

Almost Finished!

Well I cannot say I will be sad to see this quilt off the frame!


Don't get me wrong.  Now that I have brought it out again I remembered how much I do actually like this quilt.  I look back at the different fabrics in the squares and remember the projects they came from.  I remember each wedding quilt, each hand bag and each baby quilt etc that these fabric scraps came from.  I also remember how much I learned with this quilt.  And, honestly, how much the two of us have gone through together to get to this point.  We've had our ups and downs together.

It sounds like this quilt is now a living being at this point.  Perhaps it is?  Perhaps when something represents so much history, so many memories and so many emotions it takes on some life of it's own.  Maybe that's why I have such an emotion reaction to this quilt?  I don't really know!

What I do know is that this quilt is almost at the last boarder - yet - and to me, that means a lot!

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Those quilts made with scraps of various other projects are more emotional. If you add in some old clothing then it really gets to be that way.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

going to make a beautiful quilt

Anna said...

I love quilts like that...where you can see your past.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...