Sunday, June 28, 2015

Getting Things Done and Out!

Hi all!!

We went to the cottage again this weekend (like we probably will most weekends we can :-D ) and as it was calling for rain I took along a couple of projects!  Project #1!


It was in exactly this state - blocks all finished the quilt top just needed to be assembled :-P  It's amazing how I can leave things like this - almost ready to quilt!  I know that this would make other people insane!  Me - not so much LOL!


This is the Metro Medallion pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I love their patterns and their Quick Curve Ruler!! 


I love how their rulers allows you to achieve some great, and very intricate looking, curves!  It really is a great process!  Check them out!


Next, while watching Star Wars with the family, I FINALLY finished hand sewing the binding on this big, scrappy, bed quilt!  Remember this leaders and enders project?  While I have been working on it forever and the final stitches are in!


What gave me the incentive to finish it?  We have this queen sized bed at the cottage that was in need of a quilt!  I had this one that needed to be finished and I knew that it would look great in the big spare bedroom and with the wood and the headboard :-D  I am so excited to see projects getting off my shelves and onto wall and beds!  We've been slowly bringing more quilts up to the cottage in Barry's Bay and it is feeling more and more like ours.


As a matter of fact we decided that this scrappy Chimneys and Cornerstones quilt would look great in the master bedroom at the cottage and I couldn't help but agree (with a plaid tumbler add on of course).

I think most quilters go through this eventually - more quilts than beds!  And, more quilts than walls! I think that is one of the reasons so many of us do a lot of charity work - but wow is it nice to have bare beds and bare walls to fill up!  Plus, it gives me incentive to finish tops and pillows and wall hangings!

2 comments:

TakeMeThereTotes said...

I really like your Quick Curve quilt. I just purchased ruler and am anxious to make one of their patterns. You used one of my favorite color combinations so I am inspired by your quilt. And I do love the scrappy leader and ender pattern and the black and red one two!

Unknown said...

I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
obat kuat
obat kuat semarang

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...