Sunday, December 31, 2023

A Runner's Bib Quilt

Happy New Year's Eve!

I hope that you've had an amazing Holiday season full of light and peace.
And, I hope that you have a joyous and safe New Year's Eve.  We're going to be chill here.  No big plans and we might not make it to midnight.

Our Christmas was really chill as well.  At the beginning of the month I had surgery for thyroid cancer and I've spent the last month recovering and healing.  Don't worry, we caught it early.  I got a referral to an excellent ENT from my doctor who found a small node.  After an ultrasound and a biopsy, it was discovered that it was thyroid cancer.  I had surgery to remove half my thyroid and everything looks good!  

Take care of yourself my friend.  Get the tests done, stay current with your appointments and advocate for yourself.  Early detection really is key.
You're worth it.

In other news LOL!
Check out this cool runner's bib quilt I made for a client!
The bibs are all made of a sort of plastic material.

I trimmed them down since they had holes in the corners, where the pins went, and then added sashing around them.  I love this effect!  The bibs are framed in a simple black fabric that really shows off the lettering.

The new owner LOVES this quilt!  Check out how and where it's being showcased.


I couldn't be happier with how it was received.
The new owner gets to see all of his bibs, while he trains inside, and he gets a beautiful reminder and acknowledgement of his achievements.

Reflections for a next time?

* Next time I would probably do this more like a Snow Ball and add triangles onto the corners to cover the holes rather than trimming them down.  This way some of the words would still be whole instead of trimmed off quite as much.  Then add the sashing to the sides etc.

* Or, I would do a photo transfer, of each bib, onto fabric, and leave the bibs as is.  This would make for a much more cozy quilt but it would up the cost a lot if I was printing this at home both in ink and photo transfer sheets.

I really love this quilt!  I love the fireworks fabric that is between the rows, and also on the back, and I love that he gets these out of a box and onto a wall to be able to enjoy them rather than store them.  I love that this was a birthday and Christmas gift.  Quilts really are the best gift ever ;-)

What do you think?

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...