Friday, August 28, 2009

Rug Hooking Display

I put a small rug hooking display at our local library on Monday to advertise our little hook-in that we are attempting to get going. Our Group meets in the Arnprior, ON public library the first Wednesday of the month between 6:30 pm and 9:00 pm. Our first meeting is on Wednesday.

While I was setting up quite a few people stopped to comment on how nice they thought that it looked. It seemed like a good place to put up a display since we meet there and it was free! LOL! The only requirement is that you have books in the display (it is a library lol) and that it stays for two weeks. Sorry for the glare on the photo it was the best I could do with the door right behind my back and the sun coming through.

It was the perfect timing for me since we have the Fiberfest display and demos on September 12th and 13th so I'll need my stool back again. I was working on the stool at Fiberfest last year so it will be good to show the finished stool. It should be fun to do it again this year. You can see the display from last year here. It was lots of fun and I hope that I will be able to have a bigger display and "hook" even more people!! ;)

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...