Monday, February 22, 2010

Progress on the Welcome Rug

I thought that I would show you my progress on my little Welcome Rug. So far - so good I think. I did the lettering first to make sure that it was fairly even before the other hooking distorted it a bit.

I dyed the blue for the background the other night using a Cushings dye and I like the effect of having to slightly different tones for the higgly-piggly, or C's and S's, that I am hooking for the sky. I loved that effect for my Halloween Rug so I thought that duplicating it for the sky would be nice.

You can see the "bead-stitch," or as GRS calls it "alternating loop stitch," around the inner boarder of the rug. I love those two colours together so I decided to do a couple of the leaves in that amazing chartreuse green. I'm not sure what I will do for the final boarder ~ maybe a darker blue. We'll see!

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...