Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sewing Some Nine-Patches

I made some progress on my Dessert Nine-Patch quilt today ~ it's completely cut-out and I made 24 nine patches.  You can see my batik colours there.  There is a slight difference in the background batiks.  They are close together but different enough that I think that the change will stand out.  I love piecing with batiks!  The pima cotton is wonderful to work with and you can press wonderful seam-lines into it.

This is a free pattern from the Timeless Treasures web site although I first saw it in the Keepsake Quilting catalog.  I really didn't want to buy a kit when I knew that I had oodles of batiks in the tones I wanted just sitting in my stash LOL!

I did some more decorative stitching last night, to hem the edges of a hanging sleeve, and, I used a regular cotton thread.  The decorative stitches turned out great with absolutely no problems or thread breakage!  So the good, and bad, news is that it is the thread and not my machine!  Now if I can just get through the last two Crazy Quilt blocks I will be happy.  I've decided to switch threads and stitch with a straight stitch to do the quilt-as-you-go aspects of the quilt.  The less I have to deal with the thread that hates me the better LOL!!  I'll get back to those quilt blocks maybe later today or maybe tomorrow - sigh.

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...