- I've tried a 90 metallic needle and a 100 topstitch and embroidery needles and I am still getting the thread shredding
- I've tried Sewer's Aid Lubricant
- I've re threaded my machine more times that I can count
- I've had the thread lying down on the horizonal spool pin and standing up on the vertical spool pin. And, I've tried it on a cone holder off the machine.
- I've put a net on the thread and also tried a "Wonder Guard"
- I've decreased top tension and even tried increasing it
- I've tried a different spool of the thread
This is a 36 block quilt and I only have 2 blocks left to do the decorative stitching on so I am going to slog through and finish these up using the thread that I have. Sometimes a thread just doesn't like your sewing machine but will be fine in someone else's. And sometimes a certain die-lot can be faulty. Sometimes you just buy a lemon LOL. I don't know what it is but I do know that I won't be using this thread for decorative stitches again LOL.
Has anyone used this thread before that could give me some words of advise? I would certainly appreciate it ~ even if it's just to make me feel better!
Happy Stitching all!