Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On the Design Wall

I have finally finished sewing the blocks!  It feels like I have been working on these for a long time now - well I did sort the scraps back in 2008 ;-)  But, piecing these blocks took me a while.  Probably because the pieces were quite small - but wow - am I glad the quilt top is coming together!

 
Now I am just finalizing the layout before I put the little place tags on the blocks and start to sew the rows together.  I keep seeing blocks that need to be switched around so I think I'll sit on this for a day before I finalize anything else.

I am really enjoying this quilt.  I am enjoying watching it come together and I am really liking how all those little pieces are going into a quilt instead of the garbage bin!  This quilt has been quite a journey for me and I am really enjoying that as well.  I've been posting along with the journey - so I hope that you're not getting tired of this quilt!  But, if you haven't seen this quilt before you can take a look at some of my previous posts about it here, here and here.

The only thing is now I think it needs to be larger - it needs a pieced border I think!  Any thoughts?  Or should I take one step at a time and cross that bridge when I come to it?

4 comments:

beaquilter said...

oh it's gorgeous, keep playing with it, it looks really nice, but I want to see pics of several different layouts.... who says you have to follow the pattern?.... please post pics :-)
( I have a give away on my blog BTW)

susan said...

Wow I thought those pieces were 1.5 inches. It looks great Katrina.
I finally got past my wall and got the bird cage cover done and almost all the mending and pant hemming and even got my daughter's quilt mended (her dog was very bad) so now I am finally working on two pillow cases made from flying geese.

Mrs.Pickles said...

wow that must havve been a lot of work. It looks great!

marth225 said...

That is amazing. Log cabins are so pretty. I've made a few and am always amazed at how they turn out. You can look at mine and see what kind of border I used if that will help any - http://averagequilter.blogspot.com/2010/11/log-cabin.html