Thursday, March 15, 2012

Look What I Found!

A box of goodies stuff!

I found this bin on a shelf and opened it and look at all the stuff that was inside!

 

A rug hooking canvas, a whole bunch of various scraps, some small rag quilt blocks and an applique project - WOW!

 
That was just the top.  Then I uncovered some half poinsettia blocks with lots of red half square triangle (HST).

 
Here is a partially pieced and traced Pineneedles Designs project.

 

And, a Zip-Lock bag full of Oriental 2" squares and 4" squares!  Wowzers! I'm not really sure what I had planned for these.  I was thinking of making another scrappy spool illusions quilt with them but the 4" squares don't quite fit on my 3" finished HST die :-(  If I do that I'll have to do my HST the traditional way :-(  Or - brain-wave - I could cut them all into 3.5" squares!  I have the die for that!  Hmm, I don't know - any ideas?

I remember doing all of these things but I forgot where I put them!  Guess I found out!  See, this is why I don't like to put things away.  I lose them when I put them away because I forget where I put them.

I cut all the scraps into 2" squares for leaders and enders - so that's done.  I'm not sure what to do with the rest of it though.  The orientals look really nice together - hmmm.  The applique project I might comeback to in the summer when I can sit outside and hand-cut.  I have no idea what to do with all the Christmas HSTs though.

Some-days maybe it is better to leave the box closed LOL!

I wanted to share this with all of you!

AccuQuilt and TheQuiltShow.com have teamed up to give you the ultimate experience for International Quilt Day! 
Join us March 16-18, 2012 as we celebrate all things quilting!
 
*Visit TheQuiltShow.com community for FREE and watch more than 100 shows hosted by Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims featuring the Top Quilting Teachers in the world
*Explore classrooms, unique tutorials, inspiring slideshows, and much more
*Enter the contest to win amazing prizes from companies you know and love—here a sampling of the prizes you can win:
  • A BERNINA 550 sewing machine (yes! a new machine!)
  • Gammill's Deluxe Chair—perfect for sewing at any machine
  • Fantastic assortment of books from AQS Publishing, plus a 1-year membership to American Quilter's Society
  • A selection of inspiring quilting books from C&T Publishing
  • AccuQuilt's GO! Baby die cutting machine, GO! Value Die, GO! Birds die, and a 6x12 Cutting Mat 
  • Bundle of 41 fat quarters from Ricky's Blended Solids collection, compliments of Red Rooster
  • Box of silk threads from Superior Threads
  • One of five DVDs from Why Quilts Matter
  • One of five Stitched: The Movie DVDs
Plus, you'll have exclusive access to an episode of Why Quilts MatterStitched: The Movie, and many other sources of excitement and creativity in The Quilt Show community. Simply click here to get started. Enjoy, and we look forward to celebrating with you!
 
Pretty cool huh!??  I know that I'll be checking it out!

1 comment:

barbara woods said...

i wish i had that put up but i am like you i would forget to.. it takes me and hubby both to find stuff

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...