Sunday, May 06, 2012

I'm Stumped!

So, I am stumped!

 
 

How should I quilt this?  I've been waiting since January 1st for inspiration to strike and it just hasn't happened yet; so, I thought that I would ask all of you for ideas?  This doesn't usually happen to me so I'm very puzzled.  I like this quilt and would like to load it onto my frame and work on it.   It is the New Years Day Mystery Quilt from Planet Patchwork and I would like to git er done!

So what do you think?  Can you help a girl out??!!

6 comments:

Thriftyideastoday said...

I think a simple meadering would look great. I would use either Green or Blue varigated thread. You did a wonderful job!

Thriftyideastoday said...

I think a simple meadering would look great. I would use either Green or Blue varigated thread. You did a wonderful job!

Suzy said...

Look at all that lovely cream area just screaming for feathers! I'm sure whatever you decide it will be wonderful. :o)

susan said...

I think a custom quilt job since you have the frame. I would do a nice feather in the borders and smaller version in the white rail. Then in the florals I would do a small flower and leaf repeat. I also liked the idea for thread choice too. Great quilt.

LesQuilts said...

I like a meander, but you have the cream to deal with, but you could meander in the coloured fabric areas, leave the cream for something special, like maybe a fine of leaves and flowers? feathers if you ae so inclined, and good at it...
Or, straight lines, at 45 degrees, thru the top and bottom corners of the cream, and perpendicular to the lines thru the cream...
Some options, but up to you!
Take care, Leslie

Gene Black said...

I think a vine with leaves type meander all over would work great. It will blend in the colored areas and show as vines and leaves on the cream area.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...