Sunday, October 22, 2017

Curve It Up Revealed!

And the big reveal!

I cannot believe that this is finally finished! Here I am - one very happy camper!  This was taken just a couple minutes after I finally finished this!! 

 

 Here is a closer picture for you if you're inclined :-D


The Curve It Up Sampler by Sew Kind of Wonderful is finished!!!  It is bound, hanging sleeve on and now, ready to show!  

I finished it up at the cottage where I could sit and do the hand work and enjoy the process without getting distracted by other things - believe me, I can distract myself from hand turning the binding! ;-)

 

I LOVE the way that the filled cross-hatch looks - even though it was a LOT of work - I think that it was worth it.

 

The cross-hatch makes the blocks pop and gives some interest to all the negative space in between the blocks.  I don't know that I want to do this again anytime soon - but - I certainly love the effect.

 

Even the back looks cool!  I think that it looks like a whole cloth quilt on the back with the white on white.  All the thread gives the blocks distinction on the back as well.

 

I think the dappled light coming through the trees looks really cool on the back of the quilt! 

Now that this quilt is finished - I miss the process a bit.  I never thought that I would say that but I do!  I just finished some easy quilting on 3 charity quilts; and, I have a few easier projects to do for myself but then I think I will consider another intense project like this one.

So - what do you think!!??


No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...