Tuesday, October 24, 2017

After the Quilt is Finished

So what do you do after you finally finish a quilt that you have put hundreds of hours into?? I was faced with this?  What do you do?  I definitely  couldn't load up another quilt like that!  Wooooow too much to face right now LOL!

So what did I do?  I loaded a friend's husband's hunting sleeping bag on and did some repair work as a favour - not a fun thing to do as it was really puffy!  Then I quilted three charity lap quilts for Victoria's Quilts.  They just wanted basic quilting and everything was ready to go so that was nice and easy.  All this is finished and out the door!  It felt great to get those done for other people.  But, I also want to get some work done for myself.

So, I decided to go into the Quilt Closet and I pulled out a few tops ready to quilt - I decided on this one and just finished loading it onto the frame.


It is a nice little Halloween wall-hanging that I would love to finish up before Halloween!  I think that I will do some custom quilting in the background and just have fun with it :-)  This is one of the samples I made when I was teaching the Accuquilt Go! Club and we were focusing on some of the Halloween dies.  It needs to get finished this year and now it is loaded on the frame!  

So, tell me, what do you do after you finish a big project?  What do you feel that you can tackle after it? 

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Since I have several "hobbies" I usually switch and work on one of the others the finish has "burned me out.'

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...