Tuesday, November 21, 2017

T Shirt Quilt

Hi all!

Well winter finally hit here - a lot earlier than I wanted but this is Canada!

 I was recently commissioned, by my cousin actually, to make a t-shirt quilt from her son's t-shirts.  This will be a Christmas gift from the Mom and Dad and also from my Aunt (Grandmother) so it will be really special.

I was working pretty hard on getting the quilt completed so that they could have it for Christmas so I put a lot of hours into it in the past few weeks.  I do like making these t-shirt quilts since they are such great memory quilts!

 

Originally I was going to use some of the smaller logos in a nine-patch in one of the blocks; but, she had so many t-shirts for the body, and, I thought that one nine-patch in the body would look odd.  So, I sent her a text and asked what she thought of a pieced border.  She loved the idea so I ran with it!

The result - in my opinion I LOVE the pieced border!  I think that it really adds to the quilt and I was able to use all the small logos and other pieces of the shirts that would have been thrown out.  I would definitely do this again and I highly recommend it :-D

I stabilized each shirt before I pieced the quilt so that it was flat and wouldn't stretch out.  I used Kona Cotton Denim fabric as sashing and I quilted it using 40 weight FilTech Glide thread in blue.  I quilted a loose meander so that the quilt would remain nice a drapable. 

She's picking it up in a week and I hope that her son loves his Christmas present!

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...