Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Another Top Out of the Closet

Hi all!

Since it looks like I might be done with Christmas long-arming I decided to take another quilt top out of the closet! This is one that I want to do heavy custom quilting on so I put it away for quite a while!

Well I had wanted to increase the size of the quilt and add borders to it - so I purchased the border print int the line and a kona to be the inside border.

Well, I pulled everything out of the closet yesterday and guess what?  I hated this border print!


 

I don't mean that it is a bad print but just not at all what I actually wanted!  There are only two repeats and I wanted four.  So, not enough for what I wanted to do.

BTW - do you like seeing my free-motion weights and my pup River's toys under the frame LOL!

 

This is the awesome quilt design by Sew Kind of Wonderful that I made quite some time ago - Metro medallion.  Now, I really don't think I want borders on it at all.  I think that it should end with a binding.  I honestly agree with the pattern makers that this one doesn't need or want borders after I take a look at it again.
 
 

So, I decided to see if I purchased enough fabric to back the quilt with it - guess what?  I had!!  I pieced the border fabric together and it will make a really nice backing :-D  Waste not want not!

I do really love taking a little time between the top and quilting because I find that it does give me some perspective on what should happen with the quilt.  Taking time is never a waste.  So often we want to rush and get things done - quilt quickly - make the top in a day etc etc.  There is nothing wrong with gaining some perspective and doing your work some justice.  Just my $0.02 :-D

Anyways - I will load this one onto the frame and custom quilt it next :-D

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Love it...it is perfect without borders....now I want to make one...ohhhh where does the time go?

Chsterbee said...

Beautiful quilt! NO borders needed.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...