Friday, January 05, 2018

Metro Medallion in the Snow!

Happy New Years!

I hope that you all had an amazing holiday season!  I know that I did :-)  It was very relaxing.  We decided to have a low-key Christmas and New Years at the cottage this year and it was so nice!  But, the weather was absolutely freezing here!

I spent quite a bit of time inside, by the fire, with a cold :-P  So, what did I do?  I worked on hand turning the binding on my Sew Kind of Wonderful Metro Medallion quilt!

 

Ta Da!  All done and outside in the snow for some pictures :-D  It was so cold that the quilt didn't even get wet from the snow - it all just brushed right off!

 

A close-up of the machine quilting.  I decided to do a pretty heavily quilted custom that was very inspired by Jenny's quilting that she showed on her blog.  I loved the way that she did the swoop in the grey and thought that I would try my hand at it.  I found that it was easiest to mark the swoop instead of purely using rulers to get the spacing absolutely correct.  It only took a few minutes and the results were much better. 

I used 40 weight FilTech Glide thread in Pearl and Cool Grey 3 on the top and the pre-wound bobbins on the back.

 

Here I am peeking from behind the quilt while standing on the frozen Lake Kamaniskeg!  This picture was actually taken quite a ways out on the lake and the ice was like glass underneath all the snow!  And yes I am wearing a great big furry toque with ear-flaps - it was cold out!

So, this quilt marks my last finish of 2017!  I think it's good to end on a high note!  Did you accomplish what you had hoped you would?  I started another Sew Kind of Wonderful project and finished the top at the cottage - that will be my next blog post!  What about you?


1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Your quilt looks great.
I did not finish any of my big projects that "didn't have a deadline" in 2017. I did, however, make a commitment to better fitness and maintaining my body as best I can.
As for those projects - I am here for another year to work on them.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...