Monday, January 22, 2018

Ruler Foot

Well I finally gave in.  I finally bought a ruler foot for my long-arm!   I thought that I could continue to get away with compensating and moving the ruler and eye-balling it; but, I finally gave in.

I did try, a while ago, to find a foot here in Canada; but, as my fellow Canadians will know - sometimes it can be hard to find certain things here in Canada and postage, duty and taxes crossing the border can be out of the question!  For instance - one foot I was going to order was $99.00 USD and to ship the foot to Canada they were going to charge me an additional $49.00 USD!!!  Sorry.  No way.

I finally found a dealer here in Canada and ordered the foot that I need.  It was $65.00 CND and just $15.00 in shipping.  Much more reasonable!

Anyways, I thought that I would share a couple of pictures of the foot so that if you are thinking of getting one that you won't wait like I did!

 

The foot is much taller and wider than the foot that comes on the machine.

 

In this picture you can really see how much wider that foot is.  It is 1/2" wide - 1/4" away from the needle so that doing accurate ruler work will be much easier for me.

Honestly, after looking at the two feet together I cannot believe that I waited this long!  I love doing ruler work and I have been frustrated with my lack of accuracy so hopefully with this foot I will be able to fix that.

It's so funny how I can justify not getting a simple tool like this!!   My next purchase will be the Spoon (or Glide) foot I think when they come out with one for my machine :-D

How I'd better go and load something onto the frame so I can try this out!!

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Getting a new tool is always a joy. I hope using it is a good as you hope.
I guess it tells you how little I know about longarms - but I thought they all came with a ruler foot.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...