Saturday, January 27, 2018

Desert Nine-Patch on the Frame Again!

Hi all!

Well, after the last heavy custom quilt I finished a couple of easy all-over quilted quilts for the cottage - I will post pictures of them later ;-) and then I pulled this quilt out of my closet.  This quilt was started in 2010 and the top was finished in 2011!!! It's finishing time was now.

I had put it on the frame a year ago and took it back off because I was frustrated with my quilting as I tried to emulate the computer quilting that was on the sample.  Sigh!  I should know better than to try and emulate computer quilting!  Needless to say it has sat in the closet for almost a year!

 

I took it out and decided to completely rip the quilting that had frustrated me so much!  It took some time but I think that it was really worth it!

 

I pulled out the Sew Kind of Wonderful long-arm rulers and quilted a swag and then went from there! I am so much more happy with the way that this is going!  The nine-patches pop and the quilting is adding a secondary element :-D  

I am using 40wt Glide thread in Cream for the top and pre-wound bobbins in cream as well.

Even though I am really happy that I waited until inspiration struck I think it is time for this UFO to get finished!  I always really liked this quilt and it has sat, in the back of my mind, for all those years; but, I had to wait until I had an idea.

So, what do you think?  Was a right to wait and then rip?

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

I think the new quilting is amazing.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...