Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Christmas Tablerunner and My Love of Magazines

I've been getting a few things dome early for Christmas. It's not really like me to start this early but I hate rushing around in December trying to get things done. I just finished the binding on this Christmas tablerunner last night. I bought this pattern about two years ago and I finally got around to doing it. I have so many patterns just floating around here waiting to be finished. it almost makes me feel guilty :) I am proud to say that this runner is completely out of my stash and scrap heap :) This pattern is from a company called "A Little More Effect" in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. You can see some of their patterns here or here (I couldn't find a web site for them). I used the "Groovin' Piping Hot Binding Tool" for the first time to add piping into the runner itself and into the binding. I think that was one of the main reasons that I wanted to make this runner; so, that I could learn how to use this tool and to use up some scraps as well of course. Well, I guess I have to mention that I also thought that the pattern was absolutely beautiful and that it would look great on my table over the Christmas season :)

I found some more great Christmas patterns in the Special Holiday issue of The Quilter Magazine "Quilting for Christmas." I think that there is about 6 projects in there that I would like to do. If you go to the "Quilting for Christmas" page you can see some of the patterns. I love every pattern on this page but I really love the "Holiday Runner," "Christmas Wreaths" and "Mr. Winter" patterns and a bunch more from the magazine. I always seem to find lots of patterns that I like in this magazine. or maybe I am just trying to justify the fact that I am a magazine junkie :) I have subscriptions to I think 3 quilting magazines and I purchase a few more at the news stand every time they come out. I also love Fabric Trends Magazine to see the new lines and what the designers are doing with them and the $100,000 Quilting Challenge for the inspiration and wow factor. Oh and I love the "American Quilter Magazine" which is the official magazine of the American Quilter's Society or AQS. You have to be a member to get it but it is worth it I think. And how can I mention magazine without mentioning Quilter's Newsletter Magazine?? this was the first quilting magazine that I purchased and I have had a subscription ever since. I love reading it cover to cover but I always read Helen Kelley's column "Loose Threads" first. You can see Helen Kelley's blog "Helen Kelley Patchworks" here.

Wow this was the blog post of links!! I hope that you enjoy them all :) Again, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them here.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love your Christmas runner, Katrina! Very pretty! :D

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...