Friday, October 13, 2006

Quilting Update

Here's a little quilting update for you all. We have been having an absolutely wonderful fall here in Ontario. The weather, until the last few days, has been really nice. I love watching the leaves turn on the trees and I love the brisk air that comes with the fall. We have been outside more trying to take advantage of the nice weather.

I finished the applique on my celtic table runner. this was an online course from Quilt University. I really enjoyed the process and found the course really clear and enjoyable. I really liked the way that the table runner worked out.

This is an Advent calender panel that I just finished. It is by Makower fabrics. I absolutely love their Christmas fabrics. I love all the gold and the bright tones of the red and green. I have done two of their advent calendar panels now so each of my boys can have one. I seem to be a sucker for the Makower Advent Calendar panels :) The pockets can be a little bit fussy to do but they are worth it.

I don't know why this picture didn't flip :( I'll try to figure out how to rotate it later. Sorry.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Beautiful Advent Calendars! I have just ordered some Makower Fabric panels myself. I've got a Rose & Hubble one through the post today and am a bit confused reading the instructions. It says to baste the wadding, and then stitch 1/2 inch around the edges. I'm worried that this will sag without any stitching to keep the front panel, wadding and back together- Did you stitch along the centre of your panels at all? (This is my first project and so am very new to this) Thank you!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...