Booya! Another finish!
I got this "Creeper" rag quilt finished ahead of schedule ;-)
What do you think? Isn't he cute? Not!
You might remember that in February I made the original Creeper rag quilt for my son's birthday. Well, a couple weeks ago a friend asked me if I could make one for her son's birthday at the end of the month - of course I said yes - who could say no!? I knew that my LQS had some green flannels in stock and I had the black flannel already so I knew that it was doable. I ran to two different stores to get the greens and got to work right away with the cutting.
Since I have the rag dies the cutting went nice and quickly. Since I process my batting left-overs right away I didn't even have to cut batting for this quilt - it was already done. I also had a variegated green thread that I had used for the first one on hand so I was set to get this quilt together.
Unlike the first Creeper quilt - where I had to SEARCH for everything - ie black flannel, multiple green flannels etc everything fell into place for this one - it was meant to be done on time for another little boy's birthday.
In case you are wondering this was cut out using the large rag die from Accuquilt and the 6.5" square die for the batting. Honestly I don't know how I made rag quilts before I die cut!
Honestly, I cannot WAIT to hear what his reaction to his birthday present was! I think he is going to be thrilled since he liked the one that I had made so much :-)