Monday, August 19, 2013

Roly Poly Owls!

Hi all!

I decided to pull out a UFO from 2011 and get it finished!  It seemed appropriate to work on this one with my upcoming Drunkard's Path course.  You can create such cute shapes with this block!

 

Do you remember this from almost 2 years ago?  Here is the original link! This was a tutorial from The Tulip Patch blog that I fell in love with but never got around to finishing.  I think it was because I could never seem to find the perfect border for it.  I decided that done is better than perfect and picked the night sky print from my stash.

 

I quilted the quilt in Glide thread top and bobbin following the outlines of the clouds across the border and into the sky print behind the owls.  Using a brown Glide thread I quilted feathers across the owls to create some pretty cool texture.

All the owls were so serious looking that I just had to make one of them have silly eyes LOL!

Yey another UFO completed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute!!!!!!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...