Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ahh!! I started 2 new projects!

Oh I was doing so well too!!! But I gave in and I started two new projects. Well, the good news is that they were both out of my stash and out of my scrap heap.

This is some left-over scrap fabric from a store sample quilt I made for my local quilt shop about 4 years ago. These were the left-over bits from this project. It's a small little quilt made from 2" squares and it fits nicely on my kitchen table. It's not my usual colour scheme but I think that it makes a nice little table-topper. Now I just need to quilt it. I am not going to make this WIP into a UFO so I will finish right away.

I taught a class on this tablerunner a couple of weeks ago out of 4 FQ from my stash. When I teach this class I always end up making a runner too. I just need to quilt this one too and I am going to send it off to my Mother for a gift. She lives down in Florida during the winter to escape the cold and I thought that she would need a nice hand-made tablerunner for her house down there.

I have also been working on my latest sweatshirt jacket too which is also a scrap jacket. I will post a picture when I get a little bit further along. I am teaching a two part class on sweatshirt jackets so I can't jump ahead too far since the second class isn't for a couple of weeks.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Great use of stash :-) They hardly count as new projects if you don't have to spend $$ on them, right?

Melzie said...

Very pretty, I love the colors in the first little quilt :) xoxo melzie

Quilting Kim said...

Doesn't it feel great to use what's in your stash. After all, you bought it because you liked it and now you have used it. I just love the quilt and the tablerunner is nice also.

computerpeach said...

Those are great - and no.. they don't count if they are stash!!

Rose said...

Love the runner....great use of stash on both of them......id be tempted to go buy more fabric lol

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Happy Valentine's Day!