Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ahh!! I started 2 new projects!

Oh I was doing so well too!!! But I gave in and I started two new projects. Well, the good news is that they were both out of my stash and out of my scrap heap.

This is some left-over scrap fabric from a store sample quilt I made for my local quilt shop about 4 years ago. These were the left-over bits from this project. It's a small little quilt made from 2" squares and it fits nicely on my kitchen table. It's not my usual colour scheme but I think that it makes a nice little table-topper. Now I just need to quilt it. I am not going to make this WIP into a UFO so I will finish right away.

I taught a class on this tablerunner a couple of weeks ago out of 4 FQ from my stash. When I teach this class I always end up making a runner too. I just need to quilt this one too and I am going to send it off to my Mother for a gift. She lives down in Florida during the winter to escape the cold and I thought that she would need a nice hand-made tablerunner for her house down there.

I have also been working on my latest sweatshirt jacket too which is also a scrap jacket. I will post a picture when I get a little bit further along. I am teaching a two part class on sweatshirt jackets so I can't jump ahead too far since the second class isn't for a couple of weeks.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Great use of stash :-) They hardly count as new projects if you don't have to spend $$ on them, right?

Melzie said...

Very pretty, I love the colors in the first little quilt :) xoxo melzie

Quilting Kim said...

Doesn't it feel great to use what's in your stash. After all, you bought it because you liked it and now you have used it. I just love the quilt and the tablerunner is nice also.

Kim West said...

Those are great - and no.. they don't count if they are stash!!

Rose Johnston said...

Love the runner....great use of stash on both of them......id be tempted to go buy more fabric lol

Darlene said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...