Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful day celebrating happiness and love for your family and friends. I sent the boys off to school this morning in cream coloured pants and red sweatshirts (the school wanted everyone to wear red, white and pink if possible) loaded down with their valentines to give to their friends. I think that they are going to have a great day today (despite this huge amount of whte fluffy snow that we are getting).

I have good news on my tablerunner! It is completely finished and actually already sent away in the mail! The small wallhanging is still not finished but it is nearly there. So they won't become UFO's after all. Thank you all for your great words and encouragement! It really helped me to get it finished. I just love hearing from everyone in the comments section. Thanks!
Here is what I was working on yesterday. One of my UFO's was to complete 25 preemie quilts. You can see the ones that I did last year here. I had 10 tops finished so I figured what's another 15?? :) These preemie quilts are all ready to go with the batting, backing and top layered. i will then sew around all sides leaving a small opening. Trim away the excess and turn it right sides out and they are ready to whip stitch the opening closed and quilt. I just love making the little quilts. Anyways, here is 15 ready to go. I have some great safari type fabric that I will be able to get a bunch more out of and I have enough left-overs from another UFO to make 2 more quilts out of homespun fabrics. When I get them all finished I will post a picture of them.

I am also still working on my UFO sweatshirt jacket. Don't worry I will post a photo of it soon too. I am teaching a class in it so I can't just rush ahead and finish it and get too far ahead of the class. Sometimes it is hard not to just jump ahead but the preemie quilts are keeping me busy and they are a UFO so what more could I want.

I did this funny blog thing that I saw on Quilting Kim's Blog and I thought that it was pretty cute. We are both blue blogs aparently. I think that this captures my blog pretty well especially since I already picked blue to be the colour of my blog LOL!


Your Blog Should Be Blue

Your blog is a peaceful, calming force in the blogosphere.
You tend to avoid conflict - you're more likely to share than rant.
From your social causes to cute pet photos, your life is a (mostly) open book.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sounds like you are getting plenty of things finished - wish I could say the same!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...