Sunday, March 11, 2007

UFO Finish #11

Here it is UFO #11!!

This small wall hanging is made from a left-over block from my sampler that I am hand quilting right now. The sampler is also on my UFO list but maybe it should be a WIP. Anyways, the half-square triangles around the outside are leftovers from the saw-tooth border on the sampler and the borders are also left-overs. I thought that this little quilt would look great on a side table or on the wall once my sampler is on the bed.


Here is my WIP sampler quilt. I have been working on this quilt for years now. i bought the fabric about 4 years ago and started the blocks. I had all 20 blocks finished about 3 years ago but I couldn't decide what to put for sashing. I purchased about 3 different potential fabrics and didn't like any of them once I saw them with the blocks. I finally decided on the red Moda fabric and went with it. Luckily I had enough to use for the sashing. The only thing was I had a bunch of the red half-square triangles already made and ready for the saw tooth border. Well since that just wouldn't look very good next to the red sashing they got put into the little wall hanging that I just finished.
Here is another quilt that was made out of the same fabric line. As you can see I waaaaaay over-bought this fabric line LOL! The orange border print was a potential sashing fabric that I decided I really didn't like. I made all the flying geese out of scraps from my sampler using the Eleanor Burns method for flying geese. I just love her method!

You might remember this quilt since it was the subject of my very first blog post :) I was laying out the quilt at that time, here's the top finished, and here it is finished :) We hand quilted the quilt in the bee that I belong to called The Silver Thimbles. I love the way that the corners turned out using more 2" squares. I love using 2" squares! They can really add to a quilt and use up scraps.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very nice sampler quilt.

You will be happy to finally get your sampler quilt finished. It took me 13 year to finish mine -but with all that hard work I also wanted to hand quilt it.

I will have to search out the Eleanor Burns method for flying geese - it would be nice to learn a new and fun method :))

Anne Ida said...

I love that sampler quilt! And the little wall hanging leftover is really cute:o)

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...