Friday, November 18, 2011

Another Finish and Another Start

Isn't he cute??!!!
Mr Iggy is finished!

 

This is a free pattern that was an insert in Rug Hooking Magazine that I just fell in love with! It is a pattern by Star Rug Company.  She has a way with whimsical designs like this and she loves Halloween as much as I do!  I know that this is another Halloween finish after Halloween but hey - it is finished!

After I finished this rug I decided that I would start another one.  I thought that it might be fun to hook a larger rug that is intended for the floor in my bedroom.



This is a pattern by Gene Shepherd called Pickering Oak and I just love it!  This will be about 26" x 38" when completed so this will be the largest rug that I have hooked.  I am going to hook it in a #8 cut (or 8/32 of an inch wide cuts) and I am going to die my own wool for it.  I am very excited to take this on and push myself a bit more.   In the picture you can see that I have transferred the pattern onto the tracing fabric so that it is ready to transfer onto the linen I'll be using as a backing.  The picture of the backing didn't work out very well so this one will have to do!  The little yellow circles are pattern weights by Olfa that I got in a prize basket and I use them a lot for rug hooking since they have little pointed feet that really stick to the backings.

Have you started anything new lately?  Or, picked up an old project?

2 comments:

Mrs.Pickles said...

great rug Iggy is so cute.

Anna said...

you are really tempting me to begin rug hooking...lucky for me I don't have a clue how to begin! lol

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...