Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Start and a Couple Finishes

Hi everyone!
I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time - I decided to do a Block of the Month (BOM).  You see, I have a lot of the Accuquilt Go! geometric set and they are mostly still in their packages!  So, when Accuquilt started their new BOM I thought it would be the perfect way to crack open those geometric dies.

I downloaded the first two months of blocks from the site.  If you're interested in checking this out you can get started here.  It might be fun to work on this as a group project!

 

I picked my colours and theme and set to work.  I chose to do my sampler in 30's prints because I LOVE them so much and have built up a bit of a stash ;-)  I finished the first two blocks in the sampler and I can't wait until next month when the next block comes out!  They went together so easily and precisely - it was a pleasure to do the blocks.  What do you think?  Do you like my fabrics?


Well that was my start - now on to a couple of finishes!  I finished two baby quilts.  They are machine quilted, bound and labeled!  Yey!  The quilt on the left is my die cut tumbler quilt and the quilt on the right is all flying geese cut with the Eleanor Burns flying geese ruler.  I love to make flying geese using that method.  If you have never seen that method before there is a video right on the page I linked to that shows her rulers in use.   I tried to be a bit more modern with these quilts and I like the way that they turned out - but - honestly I think that my heart lies in using a bit more colour.


I hope that the babies who receive these quilts love them to death!  Or, maybe that they add their own bit of colour to them LOL!  I love to make baby quilts!
So, what are you all up to so far this November?  Any finishes?  Any starts?

4 comments:

susan said...

Those are nice quilts Katrina, I love to use Eleanor's rulers too. I just ordered her smallest flying geese ruler and plan to try it out tonight. I am doing the BOM for our guild.I have a good time with it. I love your flying geese quilt. I have been on a pillowcase kick and made all my grandchildren one using the french seam method. Great job Katrina, I hope you use all your dies.

Julie said...

Your BOM blocks look great! I have quite the collection of 30s prints too. I'm working on a grandmother's garden quilt but have enough fabric for several of them. :)

Kathy S. said...

Love the flying geese block, but with the GO! Baby, these geese are a snap if you are using scraps. I'm doing the Accuquilt BOM too. Your 30's prints are awesome.

Cecelia said...

Love you blocks! Please keep using the GO as it inspires me to use mine! Thank you!!!!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...