Thursday, November 03, 2011

Halloween Tumbler

I know that it is after Halloween but I finished my Halloween tumbler quilt!  I love how it turned out and it was so fast and easy to put together.

 
It was also so great to use my stash completely for this project and finally use some of those Halloween prints that have been sitting for years in my stash.  Even the batting was one that I had purchased years ago when it was on sale.  I find it very freeing to use what I have - it frees up space for new fabrics ;-)

I machine quilted this quilt using WonderFil Tutti variegated thread in a 50 weight.  It quilted like a dream! The thread is so soft and smooth and it didn't break once while I was quilting.  I will definately use this thread again in the future!


From the left-overs I grabbed my chisel die and my 2" square die and cut them up!  I used the 2" squares as leaders and enders while I was piecing other things.  But, now that Halloween is over I honestly don't feel like doing anything with them right now.  So, I bundled them up and put these away - probably until next Halloween; but, once next Halloween is here I will have these ready to go!

Now on to other things!

9 comments:

susan said...

That is really nice Katrina. It is nice to use up the fabrics in your stash. That is a good size quilt too. I even have some of those fabrics in my stash. Alas I still am cutting the old fashioned way but one day....Santa do you hear me!!!

JustPam said...

I just finished a scrappy Halloween quilt too. I love yours! I have a second one cut up and don't feel like working on it anymore. I may do like you did and wrap it up til next halloween.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great Halloween quilt!

Lynn W. said...

It's an adorable Halloween quilt. Make a note to youself on the Sept. 2012 page to get the "leftovers" out to create a new quilt, or whatever else might work..

Mrs.Pickles said...

great looking quilt. I just love that pattern!!!!

beaquilter said...

very nice! what about trick or treat bags for next year? or a runner?

Judee said...

That is a lovely quilt. Isdn't using your stash great? I like how you said it frees up space for more...LOL

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Katrina.

I always package up my Halloween scraps to make a project for the following year. Funny, as when I pull them out they seem to always multiply (especially when I visit a quilt store that has Halloween fabric on sale...lol).

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Great quilt! I was wondering how a Halloween quilt would look using the apple core die. This gives me a pretty good idea how the fabrics would play together.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...