Monday, March 20, 2006

More Yoga Mat Bags

I finally got myself a yoga mat (I do pilates) so I made myself a yoga mat bag. You can see the pictures of it. I will post a more indepth pattern for the bag once I refine the pattern a bit more. I want to put some type of nylon liner in the bag so that the matt slides easier into the bag. Because the fabric that I use is cotton it sticks to the sticky matt a bit which is not very good. Other than that I love the bag! I love the fish fabric and the embroidery of the koi on the bottom worked out great. It is the same embroidery that I did on the bottom of my friend's bag but in oranges and reds The word on the pocket is "strength." I hope that you like it!

UPDATE! I got some nylon windbreaker fabric and lined my bag with it this morning. The yoga matt slides much easier through the bag with the nylon lining. I am going to try another bag this week sometime maybe with the nylon sewn directly into the bag the first time. I think that it will really cut down on the fabric required for the bag. I also ordered the other yoga matt bag pattern, that I posted in my first yoga matt bag posting, and I will try it when I get the pattern.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out some other mat bags and they had a "windbreaker" type liner. It seemed to work pretty well. I love that koi fabric.

Anonymous said...

Katrina made me a mat bag, and I think it is beatiful ! It is red with Japanese lettering all over it that says "peace and long life", and the katakana on the front says "dragon". Everyone should have a katrina mat bag...

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...