Monday, March 21, 2011

Lazy Angle Sampler

Hmm I thought it was spring today?  We had almost lost most of our snow and then today got a huge dump of snow again!  Oh well, all the more reason to stay in and finish this little sample quilt top! 

I pulled out some Sentimental Journey left-overs from a couple of other projects and played with the Lazy Angle Ruler by Lazy Girl Designs.  This ruler is unlike any ruler I have ever used before - it uses all sides and both the front and the back of the ruler!  That took a little while for me to get my head around I can tell you - but how smart is Joan Hawley for thinking about the ruler in this way? 

Before I realized that I had to flip over to the back-side of the ruler I was more than a little frustrated with the process.  I was thinking - I've done so many of Joan's bag patterns before - why am I having so much trouble??  Then I picked up her companion book Lazy and Lovin' It again and actually did what Joan says to do in the book - which is read all the instructions first - duh!!!  I had done a light skim of some of the instructions at this point.  I'm usually able to dive right in but not this time - this time I had to do as I was told and read all of the instructions first LOL!  Then the ruler made sense and I could proceed - yey me!  I had to laugh at myself and it was a little humbling to have your frustrations be so completely of your own making LOL!  Ah well - at least I figured it out!

Now I can see that the possibilities for this ruler are endless!  The companion book Lazy and Lovin' It has 250 blocks in it!  250!  That's a lot of blocks in one book - and a lot of blocks for one ruler.  Very cool!

Now I just need to layer and quilt this Little Lazy Sampler!

Have you entered my give-away for a Baby Go! fabric cutter yet?  If you want to enter please go and see all the details on this post.  You have until Friday to enter so hop on over to this post and leave your comments!  Good Luck!

What are you all working on today?  Something new or a new finish?

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Oooh I love how that turned out. I think I might just look into checking that ruler out.

Wivi said...

I did the same mistake and have some bits laying around somewhere.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...