Tuesday, March 08, 2011

That 70's Quilt

Hi all!  Are you all getting the amount of snow that we are?  We got a huge dump of snow over the weekend so I decided to take these photos of my new quilt outside so I could share!  This photo isn't the best to show the quilt (lighting) but it really shows the snow!

I received some really cool fat quarters for my birthday in January (thank you very much!) that were unlike anything that I have used before.  There were some Tula Pink fabrics and some Michael Miller ones too.  I grouped together these fabrics and thought that they would really suit a Crazy Shortcut quilt!  So I looked through the book and found one of the patterns that I have never done before ~ Fast Friends.  The long angular lines of the pattern really suited the lines of the fabrics I thought.  While I was working on the quilt I kept thinking that it really looked 70'ish so the name "That 70's Quilt" came into being LOL!  It has stuck with me since then.  I did the decorative stitching in a chartreuse green colour that really grew on me while I was stitching.
I had to snap a picture of the back of this quilt since the colours just look so great together.  You can also really see the decorative stitching.  I just love this technique for quilt-as-you-go!  It's so fun and  getting to use your decorative stitches is just wonderful.  So many of us have hundreds of stitches - that we paid for - and never use them!  With the Crazy Shortcut Quilt method you can use all of your decorative stitches and have a lot of fun with them!

So what are you all working on today?  Any quilting projects?

5 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and the first house we built (in the 70's) had lime green and orange in the kitchen and gold shag carpet in the living/family room. Your quilt would have fit in perfectly. I love Crazy Shortcut Quilts, I even built her quilting table.

KimT said...

i love it!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

I need to learn an easy way to do quilt as you go. Got a tutorial? I've seen a few but geee... people seem to always leave out some key step.

Me - threadpainting. Come see my Tuesday post! If you have a tip or link, please leave one! :)

And Happy International Women's Day!
~Monika in Saskatoon

Anonymous said...

love the colors. both front and back. very pretty. really enjoyed your pics with the snow. hard to imagine the snow. it was 80 degrees today! Pawnchick

Marguerita McManus said...

Gorgeous quilt, but best of all, I loved the story behind it. The fabrics, the selections, the name - that's all part of introducing a quilt and I love that you included it all - Thanks!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...