Friday, March 11, 2011

Uninspired

Ever have one of those days?  Those days where you are just so very uninspired?  Well that was me today.  I actually stood at my cutting table looking at everything that I left there from my last post and I thought "mhe" I don't feel like it.  I just didn't feel like quilting today.  It was so odd!  Usually I can persuade myself to piece some leaders and enders but today I just couldn't.  So odd.

Does this ever happen to you?  I am usually up for some chain-piecing but today was a no-go.  What about you all?  Ever have a low day?  I think that we need to learn to listen to our bodies and minds and do what strikes us.  So hey - no quilting for me today apparently!

3 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

That was me yesterday. A little bit of "OMG I am overwhelmed", and a little bit of "meh. who cares?". DID NOTHING. I had a good cry in the evening after everyone went to bed, drank a glass of wine and started sketching my best project ever. ;)

Then today I wake up to the Japan tragedy and feel like a dork for crying over nothing. Quite humbling to watch. :(

Try that.
~Monika

Marguerita McManus said...

I usually just give up and go clean something. I find myself lately saying "well, if I can't concentrate on quilting, I'll at least get *something around here* cleaned.

It's like that for me today. Too many interruptions. I'm sorting my projects, fabrics, notions, cleaning, putting things away. No quilting happening here either but at least the dishwasher's running!

Debbie B Sam said...

Seems to be me all the time lately. Must be the end of winter blahs...I can't wait for spring to get here! I have so many projects in my head and enough fabric to last a lifetime, just nothing wants to get me going!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...