Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stems!

I decided to work on this cute wall-hanging recently since it is so bright and spring-like.  Now that we are finally losing our snow I wanted something bring.  The pattern is a free pattern on the Accuquilt site if you want to make one for yourself.  I'l post a picture when I get a little further along.
I had green and a blue hand-dyed fabrics that I dyed a couple years ago that I thought would be perfect for the boarders!  It seemed like a great excuse to use up some of my fabrics.

I got the top two miters done on the quilt but before I could put the bottom boarder on I wanted to get those stems on so that the edges would be caught in the seam allowance.
  

I pulled out my Clover bias maker and made some stems from bias fabric.   After I have pressed the bias stems I like to wrap them around a tube and pin them down so that they hold their shape.  I love this method since it really holds the creases in the bias and prevents them from popping open.  I don't do a lot with bias stems but this is what works for me.

So what are you all working on?  Spring themed projects or UFO's?

4 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

It almost looks like looking out a window. Very springy looking too!

Amy said...

very nice and bright.

Me and My Stitches said...

Do you name your quilts? This one needs to be called "Happy". Very nice!

Lynn W. said...

Love it's bright cheerfulness, if that's a word. Darling covers it, too.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...