Monday, September 18, 2006

Harry Potter Quilting

Well I have a confession to make :) I am a huge Harry Potter fan! So if you are not you may not want to read this post. I love the books and the movies and my boys love them too. I made them both Harry Potter quilts a few years ago for Christmas that have been on their beds since then. This is a photo of one of them. The quilts are quilted in YLI "Glow Bug" glow-in-the-dark thread for the magic coming out of the wand. This is a very thick thread and I found that I had to use a 90/14 Topstitch needle to accommodate the thickness of the thread. The rest of the loops and stars are regular cotton thread. The borders are quilted in Superior "Glitter" metallic thread to look like the golden snitch flying. I couldn't take a really clear picture of that, sorry.



I just found this web site called Sew Hooked where she has some original Harry Potter paper piecing patterns on her site. Best of all these patterns are free! You need to click on the title to get the pattern. I would have loved to have these when I was making the boys' quilts. Now I have not tested any of her patterns but they certainly look wonderful.

2 comments:

jenclair said...

What a knock out quilt, Katrina! I'm sure your boys are proud. Think of the value that will appreciate around them in the currency of love and comfort as they grow up.

Hedgehog said...

Wow! It looks terrific! Thanks for the link to the paper-piecing ideas, too.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...