Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Very late Christmas gift :)

This is a Christmas gift that I actually had finished before Christmas but only just gave to two of my friends. I made it out of a "Big Block Kit" (12 1/4 meter cuts); but, instead of just doing all large blocks I did a 4-patch 1-patch design for some extra jazz. Very simple and very quick but I think that they always turn out nicely. I've done a few like this and they are always well loved :) The fabric line is the Three Sisters Christmas line from Moda.

It is quilted in a large feathered wreath type of design using rayon thread.

Well i guess that it is good that they will have the quilt for this Christmas :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oooh, this quilt is yummy!!! LOVE those colors!! Is it flannel? How does you meters translate into inches? I especially like it with the 4-patch/1 large block. Great quilt!

Katrina said...

Hi Angie; Thank you for your nice comments. The quilt is actually not flannel just regular fabric but the colours are so nice and deep. there are 39" in a meter so a meter is 3" larger than a yard. The 1/4 meter cauts are approximately 10". I hope that this answers your questions :)

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...