Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Harry Potter Scraps

Thank you guys for your nice comments about the Harry Potter quilts that I made for my two boys. They do really love them. I can just picture them at university with those quilts on their beds LOL :)

This is a picture of the quilt that I made from some of the scraps from the Harry Potter quilts. The block is called Arkansas Crossroads. You can see a variation of the pattern that I used here. Mine is a little bit different, in that it uses half-square triangles instead of the stitch and flip method, so I will see if I can find it for you. The blocks are 12 1/2" unfinished and it is set 4 by 4.

The border is a piano-key border with cornerstones. I used up a lot of scraps but I still have even more if you can believe it :) There are some projects that I just seem to completely over-buy in fabric. At least I am getting better now in my fabric purchasing and I am using up a lot of scraps in various projects and in preemie quilts.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Nice quilt. Great way to use up scraps. I think they multiply in the dark! No matter how many I use the bag never gets any emptier.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...