Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sorry it's been sooo long!

Sorry it's been soooo long since I last posted. Life has just been happening lately and I really haven't had the time to do much. First of all it is spring so the need to clean up the yard can really take over for a while. Not that i mind getting outside :)

My Mother came up for a week to visit so I spent a lot of time with her which was great. She was down in Florida for several months so it was great to see her again.

I also machine quilted a quilt for a friend and that took a lot of hours. Good thing I like machine quilting. I have also been working on hand quilting my guild challenge quilt that I can't post a photo of yet until June in case anyone from my guild sees it :)

I news about me :) My Mother brought up my new rug hooking gripper frame from Bee Creek Ltd. Isn't it great! I love how sturdy it is and how nice the metal looks. I like industrial looking things and this one looks nice. I must say that it is far easier to hook on a frame like this rather than a Q-Snap.

I also got the lap base for the frame to make it more portable if I want to travel with it. I figured that I might as well get everything that I wanted all at once LOL!


I have been working on the rug hooking kit that I got at a local thrift store just so that I have something to get working on right away. I ripped out the work that had been done, so that I could replace it with my own work :), and have been working on it in the evenings. It's a very primitive rug but I think that it will look nice hanging over a door.

I'm not really sure how to hang these half round rugs like this though. Anyone have any ideas?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Katrina make your hanging sleeve from bias cut fabric so that it will sit nicely on the curve. Sew either one or two rings to the back of your hanging so that when it hangs the rings dont' show. Cutrain rings work well. Go to your local hardware store and buy some flexible conduit, run this through the hanging sleeve and hang on the rings. Voila done.

Susan said...

I love that you got that at the thrift store! The frame looks like a handy thing.

Rhonda said...

Great buy!

Anonymous said...

I think rug hooking is so cool - but it's not a hobby that I will take up! I'll just admire it! This piece that you are working on is really nice. Thanks for visiting my blog and glad I found yours.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...