Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not quilting or sewing but it's what I did yesterday!

Hi all!

I thought that I would post a photo of the work that I did yesterday! I know that it's not quilting or sewing but it took me 11 1/2 hours to make all of these so I thought that I would post it. I allowed myself 6 hours to process a whole bushel of pickling cucumbers and man was I wrong. I finished the last batch at 11:30 pm last night. I was exhausted!

From left to right: sweet sliced dills, bread and butter pickles, lemon cucumber pickles (this one is new to me) sandwich stacker dills, and kosher-style dills. I love doing preserving work in late summer. I love looking at all the different colours in the jars and knowing that I made it myself. I have done jam the past two years so this year I decided that it was pickles and tomatoes that would be put up. Do you guys do canning as well?

5 comments:

Joyce said...

What a lot of canning. Our cucumber plants did not survive for some reason so no pickles. Today we are making wild plum jam. It's the best. Later we'll do wild cranberry jelly. It smells like dirty socks but tastes fantastic.

Paule said...

Whoaaaa what a lot off canning ...
I haven't done any for years but soon i will have more times again and will some ,last month i had a lot of raspberry and made raw jam wich is a lot of work but so much nicer than the cooket one

*karendianne. said...

Whew! You do amaze me! I'm actually popping in because I used your binding tutorial (again). Added you to my own blog and the binding link as well. Stop by sometime.

*karendianne.

http://leehaven.blogspot.com/

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow! I used to can peaches and tomatoes. Lately I've made jams. Never pickles, though.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow! I used to can peaches and tomatoes and pears. Now I just do jam. Never pickles. Yet.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...