Friday, January 22, 2010

Asian Beauty ~ Crazy Shortcut Quilt

Hi all!
I spent a chunk of Saturday in my LQS doing a few demos for my Crazy Shortcut Quilt class, which is coming up tomorrow, and, I was so inspired by the method that I went home and dug out a fat quarter bundle of Asian fabrics I had purchased a few years ago and I cut them up to make this quilt! The blocks were completely pieced by the end of the evening and the backing pieces were cut that evening as well. The green, large-scale, print was cut from left-overs from a whole-cloth sweatshirt jacket and so I put that and the gold print on the back. It's great to use up some of my stash and some left-overs and achieve such great results! I have to say that I am so pleased with the way this quilt turned out! The large pieces really show-case the Asian prints and the gold rayon thread makes the quilt so rich ~ which I love!

If you're interested in the class we are running a second class at Sew Inspired in Arnprior and there will be another session in the spring at The Quilting Quarters in Almonte. I am so excited to be teaching this method since it really is a stress-free way to quilt and this method of quilt-as-you-go gives a smooth finish with no hand sewing!!

1 comment:

dulcy said...

Wow! You just whipped that up....it's beautiful, and I'm very impressed!

dulcy

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...