Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Christmas Charity Quilt

Hi all!

Wow it's been a while!  Why you ask?  Well I have had some ups and downs with the quilting world and I frankly got out of the habit to blog.  It's part of my reasons anyways.  I will probably write more about that another day.

But, I do have something to show!  I was asked to paint a chair to be auctioned for the hospital.  I didn't get the chair done (no time and no paint!); but, I asked if I could donate a quilt instead since they are also doing a silent auction of used quilts.  The organizer quickly said yes!

I had a Christmas Take 5 quilt top already completed so I thought this would be a good one!  I used the Accuquilt Take 5 die (for the studio) and it went together so quickly - it was wonderful and it won't be the last time I use this die!!


Here is a close-up of the quilting.  I used the loricles grooved board on the back of my long arm, called Egyptian Eye, but I had it run down the length of the quilt instead of across the width.


I used 40 weight Glide thread in Sand.  I am absolutely in love with the way that this turned out and the texture and dimension it adds!  What I was trying to achieve was the effect of hanging ornaments and I think I achieved it :-)

I hope that the quilt raises a lot of money for the hospital and that someone will love it!

Are you doing any Christmas charity work?

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...