Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sandy's Halloween Quilt

Here is a picture of the quilt that I have been machine quilting. It is my friend Sandy's quilt guild tinners quilt. Isn't it great!? I posted pictures earlier of Marion's block ( in the middle) to show here photo printing work; but now you can see it in the quilt.

I quilted it on my domestic sewing machine using nylon monofilament thread and various metallic threads. I wanted to draw attention to the work of the individual quilters more than the quilting so there is a lot of outline work and in the ditch work. however, there are a lot of nice metallic cobwebs in the blocks too :)

This is a close-up of the spider-web quilting that I did in the border. I used a nice holoshimmer metallic thread and free-hand quilted the spider webs.

This is also a picture of the block that I did for the quilt. It is the same block that I made for my pumpkin crazy son that didn't have happy enough pumpkins. Sandy really liked it and wanted one for her quilt so I was happy to accomidate :) It is a free embroidrery design from Ann the Gran's site and it stitches out really nicely.

I think that the quilt is really great. Sandy is going to put lots of crystals in the web in the border. Once she does that I will get a better picture of the quilt for you to see. If you have any comments for Sandy please feel free to post them here and I will pass them on :)

I should also add that I was getting a ton of spam in my comments section so I have to put some protection on the comments section. I have to do the word identification thing and so far this has eliminated the spam. I hope that this doesn't prevent any of you from commenting since I really enjoy your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katrina:

It is a beautiful example of what a tinner project can become!
Love the cobwebs, they just sparkle and it will look great with the added beads.
Thank you for posting the link on the group

Anonymous said...

The quilt look great all put together. Love the spiderwebs! I think Sandy should dangle a couple of fake spiders from the bottom of the quilt. :)
Marion

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...