Monday, January 14, 2008

More UFO Completions

Hi all!
I got UFO #18 completely finished yesterday! Here it is! Four place mats and a center piece or separate table topper. I can't tell you how pleased I am to have finished this. I just have to package it up, and, send it off now, and, see if the couple likes it. I hope that they do. I have made a vow to myself to stop buying pre-printed place mat panels. I have one more to finish, that has tea cups on it, but after that NO MORE!! I find that they actually take quite a bit of time, and, are not that much fun for me anymore. Back when I bought this project, about 4 years ago, I thought that these were the best ever; but, I like other things now. When I was doing another set I actually figured it out that start to finish, including machine quilting, they took me about an hour each. Ah well!! They are finished now.

I was so inspired by this completion that I pulled out another UFO that has been bugging me. I really wanted to get this one done before Christmas but hey it will be done for next Christmas. This is a whole bunch of half square triangles that I made several years ago while demonstrating the Eleanor Burns Triangle Square Up Ruler. I made a small quilt out of four of the center blocks that you see there and these were the left-overs. These have been sitting there in a ziplock bag all these years just waiting for something to be done with them. I pulled them out and placed them in what I think is a pleasing arrangement. Luckily I had enough of the background fabric to fill in the blanks and I put the quilt top together yesterday after I finished with the place mats. It is now basted and waiting to be quilted! I'll post a picture of it when I finish it off (maybe tomorrow or so).

I got so inspired that I actually pulled out another UFO and finished the top and basted it as well. This one is one of my first projects and has been sitting there for almost 9 years! It is another instance where I cut into the border fabric. I looked at it again and said "Ah, the borders are too big anyways!" So, the borders on this quilt got cut down as well. After I finish quilting it I will post a picture of it as well.

So all told that means that I am finished or making progress on UFO's #18, #19 and #20! Not too bad!

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...