Tuesday, June 06, 2006

baby Quilt

This is a baby quilt that I made as a commision. What do you think? I have made this pattern several times before and I just love it. It is from the book "Quilts for Baby: Easy as ABC" by Ursula Reikes. I love this book! Her instructions are great. The quilts are great. The quilts are easy enough for a beginner but they always turn out just wonderful. She has another really great pattern in the book for easy Attic Windows without the Y-Seam. I have made that one several times too and I love it.

I have started a book recommendation section on my blog on the right. The first book that I put up is the Border book that I talked about in my "Scrap Quilts and Sweatshirt Jacket" post. This is a really great book for people who want to do more than add long pieces of fabric to the borders of their quilts. The next book that I am recommending is the Ursula Reikes book. I think that it is the best baby quilt book that I have seen. She has I think three all together but this one is my favourite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should show pictures of some of the other fantastic baby quilts that you have done for people. You have such an amazing artistic colour sense.

Marja

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...