Saturday, October 28, 2006

I won the District Championship!!

I just got a phone call a few minutes ago that I won the District Championship for Machine Quilted Quilt!!!! I am sooooo excited. Now my quilt (picture here with the ribbons in the original post) will go down to Toronto in February for the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies (OAAS) convention and quilt competition. I got a phone call on Wednesday that my quilt would go to the District this weekend. I thought that it just went directly on to the provincial level but I was mistaken :) I was pretty bummed when I found this out because I thought that there would be no way that it would win at the District and that it wouldn't go to the provincial level etc. And it won!! So now I get another ribbon and the chance to have one of my quilts in a big competition. I am really thrilled to say the least.

I'll post a better picture of the quilt later but I thought that you might enjoy a close-up picture of the quilt. You can see some of the quilting that I did here as well. The waviness in the picture is actually the way that the quilt is hanging not the piecing :)

Again, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them here and I'll try to answer them.

6 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Wow,what beautiful quilting! Congrats1

Angie said...

Lovely quilt and quilting. Congratulations!! :D
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Congratulations! That looks like metallic thread. Doubly tricky, if so!

Pam said...

Congratulations on your win. Good luck with the next showing. Do you win big prizes?? Lots of fabric hopefully.

Kim West said...

congrats!!!

Melzie said...

Congratulations you must be very proud :D xoxo melzie

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...