Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rug Progress and Another Jacket

Well I have been working on the cover for my stool and I think that I have made pretty good progress on it. This took the better part of Sunday to complete LOL! There are all different cuts in this rug. There is everything from a 4 to an 8 cut. I should mention that this is linen burlap for the backing.

Doing this stool cover I have also figured out that I actually really like hooking these multi-coloured, anything goes circles! i love being able to use the colours that I want without imposing any rules about them. I think that I might just do my hearth rug (another rug that I am planning) in circles. Actually I was thinking of putting a game board in the middle and I think that circles on the edges would look really nice. What do you guys think?
I taught the sweatshirt jacket class again yesterday and this is my jacket so far! This is one fabric used on the whole jacket and I really like the effect. I still need to take the jacket in under the arms and over cast the edges but other than that it is finished. I have a nice light gold fabric that I am going to use to o the binding and the cuffs. It really sets off the cranes in the jacket. The ladies were all really pleased with the course and love their jackets so I am very pleased as well. So many jackets to make so little time LOL!

2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Love this jacket and the previous one as well. Makes me want to start making another jacket.

dulcy said...

I love the stool! Wondering how it's coming along?

dulcy

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...